Saturday, June 9, 2007

Diary of an Amway Distributor

I saw Amway diamonds dancing on the stage and telling their success stories. $ 1000 a day sitting home! Residual income, future security, royalty for generations – who would refuse it.

As far as the business model looks from above, it is a fair business comprising a network of consumers benefiting each other. But once you are inside, things begin to complicate.

I have been an Amway distributor for three years. I attended all seminars and purchased over 500 cassette tapes and books; followed everything what up line leaders had suggested.

Result – I lost all my deposits and current earnings of job over these three years; a sum total of $ 7500 ( Rs 3 lac). Lost many friends and relatives and of course precious hours that I could have devoted to reading, resting and being with family.

I came to know the major earnings of Amway come from annual renewal fees and forced distributor enrollment through personal enforcement and persuasive presentations. It was a deep cut. The only thing I gained is experience in making calls and visiting people everyday as undesirable guest.

Those who are new to MLM business, I won’t discourage them. You may make fortunes if you can sacrifice everything else to earn money. But take this advice from me- never invest too much in the enterprise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.