Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Supporting the Weaker Link of the Family

One thing I like about the family setup here in India is the support system. Let me explain.

We are three brothers and one sister, the eldest sister being 55 and big brother touching 52. Politely and humbly if I can call, he is the weakest link. Ever since I and my middle brother got the job we have been helping him wherever we can and it is such a satisfaction. In past few months I lost job and had difficult time, my brother silently sent me 25,000 bucks without caring to know when and how I should return. I didn’t even had to acknowledge or say thanks. There are friends as well who have extended support.

I wonder, if everyone could practice such a system how intact and secure the society would be. God hasn’t made everybody self sufficient and smart enough to live independently. I never understand His scheme of things. But we, as his units can always take care of each other. I feel every child should be brought up with an instinct to help the less fortunate. Even if we can take care of the near and dears, the community is going to enjoy the collective happiness.

No comments: